1. At the start of Tuesday’s rehearsal i proposed to the choir that we postpone the spring concert in view of the Covid-19 risk, and because it has become clear that we won’t have a viable choir (or, come to that, audience). Total expected singers had fallen to under 50, with S1s down to 8 singers. We still intend to do this concert. In due course the committee will consider how and when we can best fit it in to our schedule. Members are asked to do whatever they can to inform potential audience members about the postponement. All tickets sold will be refunded, though this will take some time. We ask everyone to bear with us regarding this.
2. I then asked the choir whether they wish to continue with rehearsals for as long as we can (depending on government policy and what feels safe locally). Nearly everyone present indicated that we should. From Tuesday 17th March we will start working on the music for the summer concert ‘Songs from the Shows’. As stated last week we respect completely each member’s right to decide whether their personal risk becomes too great.
3.The committee met during the break and decided to cancel the musical theatre workshop planned for Saturday 25th April. We hope the presenter might instead attend one or two Tuesday rehearsals. Members who have paid for the workshop will receive a refund. As with tickets, this won’t happen immediately and we ask for everyone’s understanding.
4. Given the cancellation of our workshop, Sue Jeffreys asked for volunteers to join a charity singing event at St Paul’s Winchmore Hill at 5pm on Saturday 25th April. Further details available from Sue.
Thank you all for your support at what is a difficult time for everyone.