Support Enfield Choral Society supporting musicians!
- To support freelance musicians whose careers have been devastated during the pandemic, by employing four professional singers and a small professional orchestra
- To provide an opportunity for our own choir members and other choral singers as a testament to the difficulties we’ve faced and the ways we’ve overcome them during the pandemic
- To commemorate the many people around the world who have lost their lives due to Covid-19
Enfield Choral Society is a non-auditioned north London choir that aims to maintain high standards. Our previous virtual concert (Christmas 2020) is still available at https://youtu.be/qeINgSDIjbY
The ‘Come and Sing’ deal
- Three virtual Zoom rehearsals – Tuesdays 1st, 8th and 22nd June 2021, 7.30pm-9pm. A recording of each rehearsal will be available so you can easily catch up with any you miss
- Guide tracks sung by professional singers and full instructions for contributing audio to the virtual recording. We will cover two movements in each rehearsal, and you’ll have the following two weeks to submit audio for those movements
- Led by the esteemed Mark Sproson, Enfield Choral Society Musical Director and renowned choral trainer, composer, arranger and singer.
- Opportunity to be videoed during a rehearsal for the virtual concert
- Live rehearsal participation via Jamulus, if enough people are interested;
- The final video will be premiered on YouTube on Saturday 17th July 2021
Fee per singer: £30
You will need to provide your own score. If purchasing, we suggest the Novello SATB edition available for around £5. Otherwise whatever score you have is fine and you will be advised of any minor changes necessary.
To register, please click here. New closing date for applications: 8th June 2021
Any questions, please contact email@example.com
The concert will be available free on YouTube with donations requested to Enfield Choral Society to help towards our costs. Just listen or sing along on the night and/or later at your leisure.