1. Coronovirus – At the committee meeting on Monday 2nd March we discussed the coronavirus situation. We agreed that our right course of action at present is to continue as usual. We will keep watch on the situation and be prepared to act quickly if we have reason to believe our members or audience are at risk. We ask that any member who needs to self-isolate alerts us to their circumstances straight away so that we can keep everyone informed. Obviously we respect each person’s right to decide whether to restrict their own activities, in which case please let us know implications for the choir.
2. Spring Concert on Saturday 21st March – Please continue to sell as many tickets as you can. We’re relying on you to help us get a really good audience. In view of the uncertainty due to coronavirus I suggest keeping a note of who you sell tickets to.
3. Tulip Tea Party – Thank you to everyone who signed up to help with the Tulip Tea Party at Myddleton House on Sunday 10th May, which Diana is kindly organising. I can now confirm that we have enough volunteers to go ahead.
4. Musical Theatre Workshop: 2-5pm on Saturday 25th April at St Thomas’s Church, Oakwood. Our workshops are usually a lot of fun as well as being very helpful. This one promises to be really good. Mark has found us a tutor with lots of relevant experience and Marion is going to accompany. Members also get an extremely good deal, paying only £10 as against £20 for non-members. Please book with Robert and pay as soon as you can. We’re hoping to attract non-members so please tell singers you know outside the choir about the workshop. We will shortly be advertising the workshop to non-members.
5. BBC Concert – David Nash attended the BBC concert by female composers which is to be broadcast on Radio 3 on World Women’s Day this coming Sunday, 8th March at lunchtime, and has kindly provided the texts, which can be accessed below.